This post contains affiliate links which provides us a commission at no extra cost to you.
Read the full disclosure here.
Brewing beer is a passion for many people but getting the proper equipment seems to be the problem. One of the possible pieces of equipment missing from your arsenal could be Brewers Edge Mash and Boil All-Grain Brewing System.
Let’s get into a review of the brewing system to see if it is for you.
Brewers Edge Mash and Boil Features
One Vessel for Mashing and Boiling
The advantage of using this brewing system is that you can mash and boil in the same vessel. In this vessel, you can mash nearly 16 pounds of malt and generate up to nearly 7.5 gallons of beer. All of this can be done without leaving any mess behind due to the internal sparging basket that allows you to remove the grain from the boiler easily.
The adjustable thermostat is digital and can show reading in either Celsius or Fahrenheit. The thermostat has a temperature range from 45 degrees Fahrenheit to 218 degrees Fahrenheit.
The brewing system has an adjustable timer. It has a safety feature that allows three and half hours as a preset.
Standard Power Supply
The brewing system can run on 110 volts power source. It means that brewers need not make use of any bulky brew stands. They can avoid both the 220 volts plugs and the outdoor burners. A standard GFO wall outlet is enough for this system using the 5-foot power cable.
The brewing system provides a delay timer. You can start heating the sparge water beforehand. You can do this process a good 24 hours before setting the timer. The brewing system allows that. This is very useful for many people. They can start the brewing process as soon as they come home. It reduces the time wasted waiting for the water to boil. Once the water reaches the required temperature, they can set the timing.
Cleaning is Easy
The brewing process is done in a single vessel, making it easy to clean. Also, the internal sparging basket allows you to remove the malt.
Provision for a Pump
The brewing system has provided a ½ inch stainless steel valve. This provision has been provided for the pump. You can use the value to hook any chugger or pump to the system. There is a threading present at the end of the value that allows it.
Benefits of Using Brewers Edge Mash and Boil
The brewing system is advantageous for small-time and homebrewers. It can produce near 7.5 gallons of beer depending on your beer recipe.
- Mashing and boiling in the same vessel
- An internal sparging basket is present
- Stainless steel is used to make the double-wall construction
- Boiling of sparge water is done beforehand
- Adjustable thermostat (digital)
- 110 volts power supply is enough
- Can be cleaned easily
- Brewing time is reduced significantly
- Delay timer
- One vessel for both mashing and boiling
- 110 volts power supply is sufficient and plugs into GFO outlet
- Avoids the need for expensive outdoor burners
- Does not need outdoor burners and bulky brew stands
- People scratch their hands while working on the bottom of the sparging basket
- Need gloves while working at the bottom of the sparging basket
- Baskets tend to deform while heating
- Temperature control may not work
Frequently Asked Questions
Does the mash and brew equipment have a preset timing?
Yes, the brew does have a preset timing. You can preset the timer for three and half hours. It has included this as a safety feature.
Can I see the reading in Celsius?
Yes, the thermostat has the option of providing the reading in either Celsius or Fahrenheit.
How long until 6 gallons of water reach boiling?
It should take about 20 minutes for 4-6 gallons of water to get to 160 degrees. Then about 15 minutes for it to reach boiling after the grains are cooked and sparging is done.
What other accessories could I need to get with the Brewer’s Edge Mash and Boil?
You may want to consider getting a heater circulation pump, a siphon spray wort aerator, or a wort chiller since this doesn’t come with a chiller tube.
- Circulation pump is non-self-priming pump. Max Flow Rate: 2.1GPM, Max Discharge Head: 9.8ft
- 1/2" Male thread on the pump. The OD of the brass coupler is 10mm. Comes with a power adapter
- Power source: DC 12V(POWER ADAPTER INCLUDED), Rated current: 0.7A, Brushless Motor, Low noise: 30db at 1 metre, Service life: 30000 hours
- Increase dissolved oxygen in your wort
- No need to rock or shake a heavy fermenter with this aerator/diffuser
- Use CE20 hose thread adaptor to attach to your sink
The brewers edge mash and boil is an excellent mash and brew equipment. It is highly suitable for home brewers as it allows you to do both the mashing and brewing in the same vessel. That will simplify the process of making beer.
Also, it provides you with a delay timer. It removes the need for any outdoor burners and bulking brew stands. That means the amount of equipment needed for brewing is reduced. It does not need a 220 volts power supply. You can use a 110 power supply and GFO outlet is enough. Considering this the brewing equipment will save you money in the long run.
If you are looking for an all grain brewing system that does it all then the Brewer’s Edge Mash and Boil is for you. Out of the best all in one brewing systems it’s our top all grain brewing system on the market.