This post contains affiliate links which provides us a commission at no extra cost to you.
Read the full disclosure here.
A popular quote reads “A brand for a company is like a reputation for a person. You earn reputation by trying to do hard things well.”
Do you have a microbrewery at home?
Do you wish to create a brand identity for your microbrewery?
If your answers to these questions are affirmative, you can consider buying the best beer bottle labeler machine. This device will help even if you are a new home brewer. If you are interested in making a beer bottle or can that looks cool then its a must have.
Semi-Automatic vs Manual Beer Label Machines
Manual beer labeler machines
As the name implies, a manual beer labeler machine is a type that needs human efforts to fix the label on the beer bottle.
Pros of manual beer labeler machines
- They are reliable as compared to the other types as the chances of breakdown are very less.
- They are mostly safe against power fluctuations, surges and outages.
- They are portable, easy and safe to use.
Cons of manual beer labeler machines
- They will consume a lot of time as you need laborers dedicated for labeling and you cannot use them in the production process.
- It is also labor-intensive as compared to semi-automatic.
Semi-automatic beer label machines
As the name implies, unlike manual machines that need complete human intervention, this type will need partial human intervention.
Understanding the merits and demerits of each type will help you identify whether it can be the right choice for you.
Pros of semi-automatic beer labeler machines
- It will be possible to achieve precise labeling as you will involve humans only in a specific portion of the labeling process and not the complete process.
- It needs less labor as compared to the other type. In turn, you can use these laborers to increase your production.
- It will save a lot of time as half of the process of labeling is taken care of by the semi-automatic labeler.
Cons of semi-automatic beer labeler machines
- As compared to manual labeler machines, this type will be bigger in size. Also, it will consume more floor space in your brewery or home.
- This type will comparatively cost higher as compared to manual labelers.
Which Bottle Labeler is for You?
When you decide to choose a semi-automatic labeler, it will save you time. This will particularly happen when you will have to label 100s of bottles in a day. It’s already going to take you a lot of time to bottle your beer, so you might as well get a labeler machine to speed up the process.
In turn, it will save money as well since time = money.
But, based on your immediate requirements, you can also consider opting for a manual labeler. If you don’t have a lot of labels and labeling beers as a gift or not a recurring thing then a manual labeler may be for you. Even, this variant will save you time compared to doing them free hand. You can achieve the same label accuracy as the other type here as well. The biggest advantage of a manual labeler is that you can save a lot of money.
Best Beer Bottle Labeler Machine Reviews
1. Primera AP362 Label Applicator
The AP-Series label applicator from Primera offer semi-automatic labeling solutions. Apart from cylindrical bottles, it can also label tapered bottles and containers. To a single container, the beer label machine can add one or two different labels. It also has a built-in LED counter. Primera AP362 also comes with the foot switch to apply the label.
This model from the Primera brand holds the pride of being the only semi-automatic applicator with FCC, UL and CSA Safety and emissions certifications. It has been designed as an easy to operate unit with a built-in LED counter.
- It can handle both cylindrical and tapered bottles
- It can add a single or a couple of labels to the same bottle.
- Easy to operate with a foot switch to applying the label.
- Some people might find the first-time use hard
- It can only apply the label.
2. The Label Wizard
- Labels round bottles & jars from 1” (2.5cm) in diameter, all the way up to 3 ¼” (8.3cm) in diameter
- Great for labeling beer and wine bottles, cosmetics, sauces, lotions, spices & oils, or just about anything else
- No more crooked labels. Labels go on straight each & every time
In addition to helping with labeling beer bottles, this beer label machine helps with labeling jars and even other supplies. The Label Wizard does not involve the use of any crooked labels. The reason is that the labels go straight to the bottle every time using this device. For lifetime use, the device has been made using the best quality materials.
Even though it is a manual label applicator, its design ensures proper labeling of bottles. Users can manually preposition rectangular or square peel and stick pressure-sensitive labels to easily transfer them to the beer bottles.
If you want to label extra large bottles or growlers then you will want this Hi-Boy Carriage from Label Wizard.
- MAKES YOUR LABEL MORE VERSATILE
- GREAT FOR LABELING EXTRA LARGE BOTTLES & JARS
- LABELS BOTTLES & JARS RANGING IN SIZE FROM 3 1/2" to 4 1/2" (8.9 cm to 11.4 cm) IN DIAM.
- Affordable option due to being a manual device
- Even though it is a manual labeler, it helps users to achieve the best perfection in labeling
- Can label around 12 bottles within a couple of minutes
- It is not a super fast labeler
- Ideal only for small brewers, startups, and home brewers
3. Start International LAB01 Manual Bottle Label Applicator
- Manual bottle label applicator for short runs of bottles, cans, jars, and other cylindrical objects
- Applies labels to cylinders from 0.5 to 6.5" (13 to 165 mm) in diameter
- For labels 1 to 6.5" (25 to 165 mm) wide and 0.5 to 12" (13 to 305 mm) long
It is a manual bottle label applicator device for short runs of jars, cans, bottles and even other cylindrical objects from START International. The machine can apply labels to cylinders in different sizes. They can be from as less as 0.5 to as high as 6.5 inches in diameter. To make sure that users can achieve consistency in labeling, this device places labels in the same location. Without requiring any tool to adjust different label sizes, this unit does a great job.
It does not require any regular maintenance and along with this device, buyers will get an instruction manual, hex wrench, handle, two 3” core holders, a couple of reel guides and the applicator.
- Can label small tubes to a single-gallon container
- Applicator housing is made using powder-coated aluminum for durability
- It is suitable for short runs of bottle labeling
- Heavy-duty metal construction
- Most users feel that it is not consistent in its quality
- The setup is not easy to make
- Labeling speed: 20-40pcs / min; The maximum diameter of the label roll: ф300mm; Label accuracy: ±0.5mm; print 3 lines (15 characters each line)
- This 2 in 1 coder and labeler can be positioned accurately, suitable for all kinds of round bottle stickers labeling
- High power Copper motor, Alumina frame, stainless steel screw， High quality rubber wheels
With the labeling speed of minimum 20 to 40 pieces per minute, this LT-50D 2 in 1 machine from Mophorn is the best if you plan to buy one of the semi-automatic bottole label makers. It can print three lines with 15 characters per line. It has been designed suitable for all types of round-bottle sticker labeling. This device is a two-in-one coder and a labeler device.
With high-quality rubber wheels, this device can be moved from one place to another with ease in your home or brewery. The stainless steel screws and aluminum frame used in this device ensures overall durability. The high-power copper motor can ensure long-term use.
- You can adjust the printing time and the position of the code printer as per your requirement.
- It can print all letters and numbers.
- Can print three lines with 15 characters in each line
- Easy to operate
- Labeling and dispensing will happen automatically
- High accuracy and high speed
- The manual does not have clear instructions
- Needs assembling by the user
- Labels Round, Square, Oval & Hex Shaped Bottles & Containers, Pouches, Bags, Boxes & Flats.
- 100% Made in the USA - Laser Indexing Module for Exact Label Placement
- We guarantee our machines for one year parts and workmanship. If you are unhappy with it, for any reason, just contact me to arrange a return within 30 days for a full refund. If you are a small business, this is the Labeling Machine you have been looking for
The ZL5 label applicator from Zap Labeler has been designed to wrap up not just regular round bottles. But it can also label oval bottles, square bags, bottles and bags and even pouches. To ensure the right placement of the label in the bottle, the unit follows the Laser Indexing Module. The machine comes with one-year warranty from the manufacturer for workmanship and parts. It can roll labels of up to 8 inches in diameter and 5 inches in width.
- The Zap Labeler applies labels not just quickly, but also precisely.
- Even though the machine ensures preciseness, it costs nearly 5 times lesser than the other options in the market.
- The affordability is because machine parts and assembling are done by the same company
- Not easy to use
- Needs a lot of adjustments to be done before initial use
6. Easy Labeler HC6 Bottle Labeler
- Made in the USA with easy phone support. We have a lifetime guarantee for parts and workmanship . If you are unhappy with it, for any reason, just contact me to arrange a return within 30 days for a full refund. If you are a small business, this is the Labeling Machine you have been looking for
- It uses self adhesive roll labels up to 8 inches in diameter and rolls up to 4.5 inches wide.
- This hand-operated bench-top labeler can apply up to 1000 labels an hour
This bottle label applicator from Easy Labeler is designed for small home business use. The HC6 bottle labeler device comes with lifetime guarantee for workmanship and parts. The device uses self-adhesive roll labels of a maximum of 8 inches in diameter. It can roll to a maximum of 4.5 inches width. This manual device that can stand on a bench can apply a maximum of 1000 labels within an hour. It can do everything that high-cost label applicator machines can do.
- The size of the unit makes it ideal for use even in small space.
- It can label nearly 1000 labels within an hour saving a lot of time.
- It is for small and home-based breweries. It is for other businesses that need product labeling as well.
- Affordable pricing
- The small size of the unit can hinder your job if you improve brewery in the future
7. Take-a-Label TAL-2100ER Electric Bottle Labeling Machine
- Made in the USA
- Easy Setup and Accurate Label Application
- Max Label width 5"
This machine follows the tested and tried design of TAL-1100MR from Take-a-Label. However, the added advantage is that it comes with an electric motor. The food switch activation is yet another feature to note. After an initial set up, the bottle label machine will be ready to apply labels. All you have to do is to just press the foot switch after placing your bottle in the appropriate position.
The electronic photo-eye in this device will identify the gap in-between labels and will stop the motor immediately to prevent inappropriate label pasting. The foot activating switch that makes usage easier. It can handle 15-20 bottles per minute for labeling.
- Open carriage design that makes loading and unloading of bottles easier
- Electric motor with foot switch activation facility
- Easy to use.
- It can label bottles only in the size of 1 to 5 inches in diameter.
- It cannot print, but only can label the bottles.
According to our choice, we find Primera AP362 Label Applicator to be the best choice. It’s easy operation and quick setup makes it the best choice. It can label up to 1200 containers within an hour, in turn, saving a lot of time for you. At the same time, it can apply more than one label in front and back of bottles. Its small size is yet another advantage from our review!
Hopefully you were able to find the bottle labeling machine that’s right for you. You may only need to label a few dozen bottles with a manual labeling machine and save some money. Or you might want to turn it up a notch and label bottles quickly if you have a lot or want to start a microbrew, then an electric bottle labeling machine is a must have. You may also want to bottle more than just beer, like wine or any other bottle products you create and could use an automated bottle labeling machine.
Either way, these bottle labeling machines above will help to get the job done.